The first thing I made was stuffed blue cheese burgers with a side of corn, diced zucchini, diced onion in a sour cream and sharp cheddar sauce. Now I wasn't very smart (I'm blaming the vodka), so I may have forgot to take enough pictures of this process, however lets be honest - it doesn't take a genius to stuff burgers.
I mixed half a block cream cheese, a bunch of blue cheese crumbles and some diced, fresh garlic and a bowl. I made burgers, flattened them, and put the blue cheese mix in, and then sealed the top half with another burger. Season your burgers and grill!
Now the side is really the good stuff. I was craving corn (I'm from Iowa, what do you expect?!) and I happened to have some zucchini's that someone gave me from their garden.
So you take some Zesty Italian dressing and heat it up then throw in your corn, diced zucchini and diced onion. Cook for 8-10 min, cooking the veggie's but making sure they're still a little crispy.
Stir in the sour cream and cheese and bring to a slight boil.
Make sure that your mix is heated through and serve!
Creamy Corn & Zucchini
INGREDIENTS:
* 2 tbsp. Zesty Italian Dressing
* 2c. corn kernels
* 1 zucchini, diced
* 1/2c. diced onions
* 1c. shredded cheese (or 2c. if you're like me and love cheese)
* 1/2c. sour cream (I used 1c. to balance out with the cheese since I used more)
* 1tbsp. fresh cilantro
DIRECTIONS:
1) Heat zesty Italian dressing over medium-high heat
2) Add vegetables and stir frequently for 8-10 minutes until veggie's are tender-crisp
3) Turn heat down to medium and add cheese and sour cream
4) Cook for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring frequently
No comments:
Post a Comment