Did you make your O face? Seriously. I'm not even a sweets person, and I did a double take when I stumbled across this recipe. It started out innocently enough. I had to go to my friends annual martini party (AKA get drunk, make a bonfire and keep mixing all the liquor in the house - it's a fucking blast!). I love to cook so naturally I'm all about volunteering to make some snackies. I had settled on my mexi rollups. They're easy, delicious and I hadn't make them in awhile. Then one day, I'm at work minding my own business, perusing the Internet, and these things find their way onto my computer. I'm intrigued. What could possibly be bad about something called 'Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Butterfinger Brownies'? Nothing I tell you, NOTHING!
I will warn you this are more time consuming than regular brownies. You gotta make them in layers. So you start with your basic brownie mix. Whatever it is you like for a brownie mix, go ahead and mix it on up and cookie some regular brownies.
Next make the peanut butter layer. Peanut butter, butter, salt and sugar. Mix the peanut butter, butter and salt together.
Add in the sugar, mix and layer on the brownies.
Next is the fun part. Get yourself a bunch of Butterfingers and chop them up!
Layer the Butterfingers in the pan over the peanut butter mixture.
In another bowl, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter, then mix in some Rice Krispies.
Mix together and put your final layer in over the Butterfingers.
Put your brownies in the fridge and let them set for a few hours before cutting into squares!
Check out the recipe at the Crumbs and Cookies blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment