Ahhhh!! I can't contain my excitement for this recipe! I've been craving chicken pot pie for awhile, and not that frozen shit, but real, homemade, chicken pot pie. So much so, that I even bought mini chicken pot pie dishes from Amazon. Seriously. I even linked up the ones I bought for ya.
Next was to find a chicken pot pie recipe and dear god there are A LOT of chicken pot pie recipes. Who would have thought that there would be hundreds of ways to make one dish that consists of chicken and vegetables. I finally settled on a recipe that uses one of those Pillsbury crescent rolls for one dish. Minimal bread, blah blah blah.
Side note: I found the recipe on this AWESOME site called TableSpoon. It's pretty much this place where regular foodies like me are featured and it's got a lot of really fun stuff.
So anyway, it's pretty simple. Get yourself some diced chicken, season it up, and cook it.
Next, in another pan, combine your veggies (I used the classic mix - corn, carrots and peas), some cream of chicken soup and I put in cheese. Because I'm obsessed with cheese. It's so fucking good. Anyway, mix it all up and cook it through.
Once your chicken is done add it in to your mixture.
Heat it all through and then pour your mixture into your pan(s).
Unroll the individual crescent rolls and put on over each pan. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
Bake and BAM - mini chicken pot pies! Nomnomnomnom!
Recipe? Well I linked it above, but, in case you missed it, here you go - Mini Crescent Chicken Pot Pie
No comments:
Post a Comment