Monday, March 12, 2012

So this happened the other night...


It's been awhile since I've blogged, but I've been busy.  What, you ask, could be more important than cooking and bacon that would silence me for days?  Easy.  Peanut butter and jelly shots.  That's right, you read that correctly - PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SHOTS!  This was a life changing.  Seriously.  There is not one ounce of sarcasm in that sentence.  

So here's how this goes down.  I'm sitting at one of my favorite bars with my best friend and the bartender sits this bottle down in front of me.  Me, being the inquisitive individual I am (okay fine, I'm nosy), ask what it is.  He says to me "oh, it's Peanut Butter rum."  All casual, like I asked him what time it was, then starts to walk away.  At this point I have two choices in my not-so-sober mind.  Stop him and get a sample, or help myself.  Better judgement prevailed (it does happen sometimes) and I decided since this is one of my favorite bars and one of my favorite bartenders, I should ask for the sample.  

In my mind the conversation went like this:
Me: "Hey Adam, may I have a sample of this Peanut Butter rum, please?"
Bartender Adam: "Sure Heather, no problem."

This is actually how the conversation went:
Me: "Whoa whoa whoa!  Where do you think you're going?!  You can't just throw out that the bottle in front of me is Peanut Butter rum and then walk away!  We've got to do some sampling FOR THE LOVA GOD!"
Bartender Adam: "Heather, I'll be back in just 10 seconds."
Me: "You don't understand, the food pyramid goes, in this order - bacon, vodka, peanut butter.  WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF THIS?!?!"

Now, I must say that I don't normally talk to my bartenders in this manner.  Having spent 6 years of my life bar-tending, I do have crazy respect for bartenders, all they do, and all they put up with.  But Bartender Adam has served me enough times to know me, so he knows that crazy, drunk, sarcastic Heather is harmless and just having fun, and more importantly, would never be disrespectful.  END DISCLAIMER!

Now, Bartender Adam, being the nice guy that he is, tells us how most people drink this fine fine liquor in the form of Reese's Pieces - Godiva Chocolate Liquor mixed with the Peanut Butter rum.  This sounds like a match made in heaven to me - Reese's Pieces cups are my favorite candy.  So we do a couple Reese's Pieces shots.  Delicious, refreshing, wonderful shot.  

Then he says "I personally like the peanut butter and jelly shot better."  To which I reply "Eh, I'm sure it's good" (read: sure, okay - you're telling me it's better than a Reese's Pieces in the form of an alcoholic shot - whatever).  But who am I to turn down a shot suggestion with Peanut Butter rum (okay fine, who am I to turn down any shot), so I order two.  This is where my the game changed.  Forever.  Chambord (raspberry liquor) mixed with the Peanut Butter rum.  So simple, yet I'm pretty sure that the moment we all tried that shot, it was so good, that everyone doing it actually stopped thinking about anything else for a good minute.  Even sex - and doesn't everyone think about sex when they're drinking in a bar?  I actually could only muster up an "Oh. My. God." then was silenced - and if you know me, you know how difficult it is to get me to stop talking - that's how good it was.  

So now it is my personal mission to drag the poor people in my life down to my bar for a taste of these Peanut Butter and Jelly shots.  But I promise to try not to let them get in the way of me not blogging, for the few followers I have right now on this new endeavor. 

-Heather, Xoxo



1 comment:

  1. As one of the people Heather has dragged down to the bar for these shots, I can personally attest to their awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete