Sunday, March 4, 2012

My first blog - a few housekeeping items...


Against what may be my better judgement, I've started a food blog.  I've been toying with this idea for awhile and after an amazing meal and plenty of wine - here I am.

DISCLAIMER - I am not a chef! I do not play one on TV.  I do not know any professional chefs. I just love to cook and will give FULL credit when I use a recipe I found from anyone else.  I am also not a professional photographer.  I will take all the pictures you want on my little Canon Powershot and my mobile phone, but if you're expecting some Pioneer Woman or Young Married Chic quality photos, you should lower the bar.  Oh, and you'll know those two blogs soon enough.

So why blog?  For one, it probably is going to annoy my Facebook friends and Twitter followers (the few I have) a lot less if I put my ramblings on here.  And I mean ramblings in the fullest sense of the word.  I love food, I love to cook, I love to drink and I will do my very best to keep the swearing to a minimum, but no promises.

Bacon and vodka - what's with the name?  It's pretty self explanatory.  I love bacon.  And vodka.  Equally.  If I could survive on a bacon and vodka diet, I would give it a try.  But I suppose that's not too healthy and I have this silly thing called a job that requires me to be sober, so here I am.

A few random, final things.

You'll have to be patient with me - I'm still figuring out how to use this site.

I tend to cook on the low carb side.  It's a personal choice.  I feel better when I'm not always eating lots of breads and pasta's, but remember I said 'low', not 'no' carb.  And I lose weight.  It's that simple.

So here it is - my food (and drink) blog.  I have no idea how many of you will show up to read this and go through this process with me, but for those that dare to put up with my nonsense - thank you and enjoy!

Heather XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment