Here's how dinner went down tonight. The traditional recipe calls for a sweet Italian sausage, however I had these Roasted Red Pepper and Asiago Cheese Chicken Sausages burning a hole in my fridge, so I went the healthy route and used those. It's really simple - brown your sausage on all sides:
Once browned, set the sausage aside, melt some butter in the pan, then add your veggies - onions, peppers, minced garlic, basil, oregano and white wine. Now, I'm going to give you the link to the recipe when I'm all done and if following a recipe is your thing, then don't let me lead you astray. But let me tell you, when it comes to spices and seasonings, I don't listen to anything or anyone. The recipe says 4 minced garlic clove, I put in 6. The recipe says a teaspoon of basil and oregano, I shake out what's probably a good tablespoon. This method has not led me astray thus far, but I don't bake either, so I'm sure down the road when I feel the need to bake a pie or something it will backfire tremendously in my face. Wait, who am I kidding. I'm not ever going to bake a damn pie.
Add the wine (drink some of the wine), add some more wine, and let the veggies cook.
Cut up your sausage, add it into veggies, cover and let it all simmer for about 15 minutes.
And serve!
Here's the full recipe - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/italian-sausage-peppers-and-onions/
Enjoy!
-Heather, Xoxo





No comments:
Post a Comment