Monday, March 5, 2012

Pork Chops with Garlic and Wine



I gots to play catch up from last nights meal because I'll be honest, it was ah-mazing.  It was an explosion of flavor in my mouth (insert dirty joke here) and totally on a food porn level.

So it all started with one of my favorite food bloggers/chef's/women that I've followed for a while now - The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.  She's pretty badass.  Ree lives on a cattle ranch and long story short has made herself a nice little career out of photography and cooking.  I completely envy her life of waking up and spending her days documenting new and interesting things, and experimenting with new and fun recipes.  Oh and I guess raising her kids (minor details).  Anyway, Ree puts up this recipe in February for pork chops cooked in wine and garlic.  And when I say that Ree puts up a recipe, I mean she has the most amazing photographs and step-by-step instructions.  So when you're done reading these ramblings, check out the link below and you'll see what I mean.

So I decide to make Ree's pork chops and whatever you do - FOLLOW HER DIRECTIONS!  The one caveat I will say is that her recipe calls for balsamic vinegar I went on this great trip to the grocery store, only to forget to buy balsamic. So I substituted apple cider vinegar and it was still wonderful.

Now I don't have pictures of this whole process, since I decided to start this blog after I cooked dinner, but going forward I will have more to provide than a final picture.

Anyway, do yourself a favor and check out the recipe
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/02/pork-chops-with-garlic-and-wine/

No comments:

Post a Comment