Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Homemade Pot Stickers! Okay, fine...Drunk Homemade Potstickers!

So I've become a 'yes' girl as of late with this whole theory that you should say 'yes' to trying things in life, especially new things, because you really don't know if you don't, or won't, like them until you try them. And the beauty of it is that if you don't like it, you don't have to do it again, right?! So going with my new 'yes' theme, I made last Saturday a day of trying new things.  Those two things included rugby and pot stickers  Watching rugby, that is (god knows I'm not cut from the badass cloth that those chicks were that play that game), and making pot stickers.  "Making" as in letting someone else do the hard part, and me putting them together.  At this point your takeaway should be "she didn't actually cook anything, so she's going to ramble on about this for a short bit and post pictures she took while drunk, making pot stickers."

Anywho, it was a long, cold day.  I mean, I sat outside in 40 degree weather watching these girls play some rugby and drinking beer, like any classy lady at her first rugby game would.  I wore the finest clothes I could find for the occasion - winter hat, aviator sunglasses, fingerless gloves, knee high boots and a jean jacket. We stopped at a biker bar afterwards for drinks and shots, so naturally, the next logical move was to make homemade pot stickers. I had no idea where I was going or who I was going to meet, but next thing I know I'm being greeted by the sweetest, most warming lady - mom.  No seriously, I don't even know if I got her real name. I'm pretty sure I even asked, and I received instructions to call her 'mom'.  Which fit her impeccably as she just had that really charming, warm, loving and welcoming 'mom' quality that only the super awesome mom's have.

So blah, blah, blah, fast forward to 1, 2 hours later (I really don't know, I was drunk, it could have been 3 or 4 hours), and next thing I know I was sitting down to assemble these homemade pot stickers that 'mom' had put together.

Ta-da! Doesn't the table look so nice and clean and orderly?


That lasted all of 5 minutes.  But more importantly, she had these things that were actually made for making pot stickers!  Seriously! I was fascinated!  You put your dough-thingy (I prefer to use technical terms) in the pot sticker thingy, you put a little water on the dough, and put your mixture in.


And press! Bam! Just like that, you've made a pot sticker!  Then mom goes and boils them and cooks does, and you eat!  





See, thumbs up, everyone's happy!


Now, let's take a quick moment to give a shout out to arguably one of the best condiments around, Sriracha sauce.  I mean, you may be risking our friendship if you don't like this stuff because it's amazing.  Soooo amazing that in fact, I will be attempting to make Sriracha ice cream sandwiches soon so stay tuned!










No comments:

Post a Comment