Sunday, October 21, 2012

Grilled Cheese & Cheeseburger Mash-Up!


Soooo I love grilled cheese.  And cheeseburgers.  I guess I love a lot things when it comes to food, but why not?!  Food is meant to be enjoyed!  So when I was craving a cheeseburger AND a grilled cheese sandwich, I figured why the hell not combine them.  So off to the store I went to gather my cast of characters...


For my grilled cheese part I choose 3 cheeses, although I only ended up using two of them.  American, Gruyere (I'M OBSESSED!) and fresh  mozzarella.  For the burger I found some lower carb bread, onion, tomato and dill pickle.  

When I cooked the burgers I mixed the ground beef up with egg and worchestershire.  And garlic.  Always garlic.  Yeah I realize my burgers aren't the prettiest shape, but seriously you're going to press them into a mess of gooey cheese so as long as you make them thin, who the hell cares?!


Next I cooked bacon, because duh, of course I was going to put bacon in this amazingness.  And for the record, yes, that's turkey bacon.  Which I happen to love as much as regular fatty awesome bacon.  Don't judge turkey bacon until you've tried it!



Next you get to the grilled cheese part.  Pretty simple.  Butter one side of the bread and put it in a grill pan or panini press.  And start layering.



And butter your top bread and put it on top.  


Word to the wise.  Don't make your sammich too big otherwise it will be hard for the cheese to melt and to flip.



And eat! Omnomnomnom!  Damn it, now I want another one!



No comments:

Post a Comment