There's something delicious and comforting about having breakfast for dinner. It's sure to make everyone happy no matter what time of day. And I'm not talking that 'I had a bowl of cereal' crap either. A real breakfast with eggs, bacon and all the good stuff. So when I decided to make breakfast for dinner, I figured what better way to do it than channeling my inner Ina Garten. You can never go wrong with the Barefoot Contessa and I assumed her Herbed-Baked Eggs would be sure win, and I was not disappointed!
This is a quick recipe so be prepared to get this done in about 15 minutes! (See link to recipe below)
The one thing that I did different than Ina was that I don't have individual gratin dishes, so I just used one simple pan and it still turned out fantastic.
Simply divide the eggs, yolks in tact, into one dish. Combine your seasonings, cheese and garlic into another, and your heavy cream and butter into the pan.
Broil for 3 minutes, then add in the eggs and herb mixture and cook for another 5 minutes.
And voila! Serve with whatever you like on the side - bacon, sausage, toast! You all know I ate mine with bacon ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment