Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bacon Baking Frenzy!

I'm not much of a baker.  I've never had a sweet tooth and would prefer a bag of chips and french onion dip over ice cream, cookies and cake any day of the week.  So when I decided that I would make cookies my way, with bacon, I wasn't sure how it was going to go - seriously, I haven't made cookies since I was like 10 years old or something.  Also, I don't measure shit when I cook.  Ever.  And word on the street is that when it comes to baking, measurement is important.  So if I was going to do this, I figured I should probably do it right. 

So the decision was made - I was going to bake.  And not just anything.  I was going to bake something delicious and unconventional - Peanut Butter and Bacon Chocolate Chip cookies.  And while I'm at it I may as well make some god damn brownies, so fine, I would also make Peanut Butter and Bacon Brownies.  But booze makes everything better, so I should probably add some bourbon to the brownies.  So the list was set - PB and Bacon Chocolate Chip cookies, and Bourbon, Bacon and Peanut Butter Brownies.

Now I have to tell you that I was a horrible and blogger throughout this because I didn't take one fucking picture of the ingredients or the process.  And honestly, they're cookies and brownies.  You mix the shit up, eat some of the batter and dough, put it in a pan and cook them. 

Here is link to the cookies.  I took the recipe from Kris over at Young, Married, Chic.  Her food always looks way better and probably tastes better, but her recipes have never let me down!
http://youngmarriedchic.com/2012/03/peanut-butter-bacon-cookies-with-chocolate-drizzle/



The brownies weren't as simple.  I didn't follow a recipe.  I'm not too interested in making brownies from scratch and Betty Crocker does a damn good job of making brownie mix.  So I got a box of Betty Crocker dark chocolate brownie mix,  a bag of Hershey's milk chocolate chips, a bag of Reese's peanut butter chips, bacon and took a bottle of Jim Beam off the liquor shelf.

Long story short, cook the bacon and tear it up.  Mix up the brownie batter according to the directions on the box.  Add in chocolate chips and Reese's chips.  Don't ask me how much - 2 handfuls?  Add in bacon and your bourbon.  I think I put in about 2 shot glasses worth.  Then, because I love peanut butter, I mixed in about a cups worth of creamy peanut butter.  Cook the brownies for however long the box says.  Then I took them out and put holes in the brownies with a toothpick and poured another 1/4 cup of bourbon on them while they cooled.

The verdict?  The cookies were good stuff.  But the brownies?  Melt in your mouth, gooey, deliciousness.   So. Fucking. Good.  I don't have a picture of them.  They weren't particularly pretty.  They were that fall apart, so moist and delicious type brownies.  And since I don't have a sweet tooth I did my good deed and took most of the cookies to work for a potluck and shared with my co-workers.  The rest were given as a tip/bribe for a friend who did a favor for me.  Turns out I may have a new career of bribing people with baked goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment